Search the forum,

Discuss Black polished tile looks dull/light/scuffed in places in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Happymumandwife

Thanks so much. Was ready for getting the whole floor lifted! Thanks again. :)

H

Happymumandwife

Just an update, been on to b&q and they have said tiles may need resealed. So to clean them all & to reseal them. They say it may be just that the seal wasn't great on them and has worn off! "/

H

Happymumandwife

Hi, just an update -

called b&q today and spoke to a manager. Told him about the problem we are having as the tiles seem to have more and more marks on them. He sent a fella (very helpful fella) out tonight to look at them & straight away the fella said it looks like they're not sealed properly. He then asked which adhesive & grout we'd used and we let him see it. He noticed the grout didn't say for porcelain on it! Now this is the grout that the tile fella (very helpful) in b&q advised us to buy after I'd shown him which tiles we'd got, the reason I asked him was more for the colour, but he did advise us to buy the one we did. They can check cameras and they will see him lifting the bag & trying to work out if that would do the amount we needed.

Obviously they are gonna try & blame it on the grout!

BUT... We did explain to te fella that came out and also I did tell manager yesterday (before we'd realised about grout) that this happened before it was grouted, as out tiler had laid the tiles then came back the next day to do the cuts and we noticed then some needed changed, so he removed them and put fresh ones in, and so glad we still had the tiles that were first laid, without being grouted! So we showed the fella this tile & he could clearly see it hadn't been grouted as edges were clear but he could see it had been on floor (adhesive still on back) and that it was marked, so this proves that the problem was happening even before grouting. So glad we kept that tile & it was just by chance it was there!

Waiting to hear what's gonna happen tomorrow, I explained to the fella that came out, I don't want a refund or for the floor lifted & relaid, I just want them
cleaned and resealed if that's what they require. I just want the floor fixed I love the floor, just not the marks on tiles. I'm not doing this to gain anything, & if they offered me a new floor or to have it cleaned, I'd rather it cleaned if that would solve it, the thought of having the floor lifted and redone fills me with dread as we have done so much work in the kitchen/dining room already, don't think I could face anymore!

We have cream natural
stone tiles throughout our livingroom & hall & (touch wood) have never had a problem with them, in saying that they did cost over 5 times what these ones did!

I just hope this gets resolved quick as its stressing me out so much :-(

Here's hoping tomorrow brings good news...

X

D

DHTiling

B&Q have not got a clue, who ever they sent out wasn't qualified to advise IMO.

It is the the tile and deffo not the grout lol.

Pop to a CTD store and get some Abra clean by lithofin and clean a spare tile with it and then report back here.

H

Happymumandwife

Hi, thanks - where will we get what you mention? We are in Northern Ireland so don't have alot of store you have in mainland. I called B&Q this afternoon but 'tile/floor' manager isn't in today - so he will call tomorrow.

D

DHTiling

You will get some Abra clean from Armatile in northern ireland.

Station Road Industrial Est, Loughgall Road Armagh 02837 527 007

If they are too far to travel then get them to post some out..

good luck..

H

Happymumandwife

Just an update.

B&Q took a tile away to try and clean and reseal. They have said that they couldn't get these marks off. So they have now sent it to tile manufacturer. They said its looking like the floor is gonna have to be lifted and redone. (faulty batch) To be honest that's the last thing I wanted, but if there is no other way.

They also said I won't be out of pocket at all as it'll be b&q or the manufacturer who pays for this to be done. I'm really hoping that the manufacturer will be able to remove these marks and just come and clean my floor, as I dread the thoughts of having it all lifted. It's a total last resort for me.

Just thought I should update you all, as you were all so helpful with advice. I will keep you posted.

:) x

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i noticed in my local b n q (west wales) that there cheapest black porc on show had a dull ,hazzy surface to it ...didnt look to clever

Reply to Black polished tile looks dull/light/scuffed in places in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen