Search the forum,

Discuss Best Way To Insert Images In A Thread in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been playing around with images to see what the best way to add them to a thread is.

Seems adding them as an attachment and then inserting them all as a thumbnail is best for a couple of reasons.

First you can browse through all images using the lightbox pop up. So the black box with arrows that select the next images. Then of course you can exit that and it hasn't messed the page up.

I seem to find adding them as an attachment and not inserting them, causes the page to mess up on a mobile when you click on one. And inserting them whole makes the as huge and then the image overlaps the text when you click on it.

Anybody else found this?

I'm going to see if I can force all images to add like that if nobody can see a problem with it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I get it on mobile.

image.jpg

O

Old Mod

No only on my iPad. With my 6+ if I click thumbnail it opens a new window for the image, drives me mad coz I have to close window and click next one and so on. Sometimes I even have to sign in again to open image window. But then my screens big enough so if someone inserts a full image I don't need to enlarge it anymore and if I do I just expand the screen, I don't click to enlarge. If I do, yeah it overlaps text and images but click again and it reverts!

O

Old Mod

No idea mate, is there any kind of option in settings do you know?
Maybe your 6 is a newer model than my 6+ even though I've probably had urs longer. The 6+ has been slow outta the box cos of the original bending issue! Haha

O

Old Mod

If I click ur images, yes, new window.
If I click full images they expand massive, click again and revert

Reply to Best Way To Insert Images In A Thread in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen