Search the forum,

Discuss Best Value Laser level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Smudger

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. Looked but couldn't see it. I'm in the market for a decent; quality & price (oxymoron?) laser level. Mostly need it to help floor levelling (may use it for more once I have it). Never used one so not sure what things to look out for.

D

david campbell

does a few for about the ton mark!-the stabila one is good value for money

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Stabilas can be recallobrated so providing you don't loose it (or it gets knicked) then you'll have it for life. Seen a few from the 70's still onsite only a few years ago and other than scratches from being cleaned a lot they were fine. I bet the lads on here even have some older than that.

D

DHTiling

You need a pendulum Laser.. and you can gauge depths with a straight edge and make markings on it to determine floor heights with the level laser beam.

I have a laser reciever with gauge pole but not needed for most jobs..

I use the Dewalt one but as above Trade tiler does about 3 types i think..

D

doug boardley

I've got the bosch gll 250, very similar to Daves dewalt, think it was about £170 with vat. I wonder how I got by without it:thumbsup:

S

Smudger

Cheers guys, I'll have a look. Apart from needing a pendulum laser, and recalibration capability any other points to look for (what's in a good one & not in bad?)

S

Smudger

Bought the DeWalt today, I know its sad, but I'm quite excited about getting it tomorrow!!

D

Driveby

I have the Dewalt and love it! well not literally, as that would be wrong :lol:

S

Smudger

It arrived today. Well pleased with it, I tried it out in the bathroom I'm tiling and it did show that my trusted old level and straight edge technique is spot on!

Reply to Best Value Laser level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen