Discuss Best low profile electric underfloor heating system for tiles UK in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

r1chy0

-
Reaction score
Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of tiles in our utility. I am using 900x900x10 tiles and ideally would like to keep the junction with our kitchen floor (engineered wood) as flush as possible. That means there is approx 15mm depth to play with. Clearly, I am unlikely to get it that low, but does anyone have any recommendations for the best system to use to get as near to that as possible, bearing in mind that it is straight onto uninsulated concrete and thus some form of insulation will be necessary.

The heating is for warming the tiles and drying off the floor when wet, not for heating the room itself. It will be a DIY install, so anything that makes it simpler would be great. Of course, cost is a consideration too, so trying to look for a budget solution, that is also reliable ideally... I know!! I currently have a **** wifi controller for the system upstairs and a NEST for the C/H, so would be good if possible to use compatible controller (ideally - not a deal breaker tho).

Many thanks for any advice on the best current systems.

r1chy0

-
Reaction score
Hi again, further to last, I noticed a hollow sounding screed when walking on it - made a trial pit and can see the screed is on a separate concrete subbase - looks flat from what I can see. So now thinking to dig up screed which looks around 50mm. I see advantages as 1) increased depth to get it level with existing floor 2) ability to use thicker insulation board 3) getting a good flat level surface to work off 4) possibly could use a water rather than electric solution. Disadvantages being 1) the extra work 2) I may find lots of unexpected things when removing screed that I then have to deal with..... Here's a picture... What would you do?!

Attachments

• IMG_0409.jpeg
    433.2 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Best low profile electric underfloor heating system for tiles UK in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks