Search the forum,

Discuss bathroom floor prep in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

beaulock

hi all,
just picked up a job at last lol and the guy wants to keep is floor height to a min, currently the bathroom floor is 18 or 21mm tongue and grove chip board sheets in a new build (2004) all screwed down at 300mm centres and all joints on joists, the floor size is 1.50m x 2.50m i said i would need to put 15mm ply on top, prime, flexy adhesive and tile (ceramic 300x300) raising is floor about 23mm ish, not what he is looking for has his carpet sits at 10mm ish on the landing and he wants to keep the raise to a min so there is very little difference in height, have explained there are some very good carpet to tile trim which will give the appaerence of the floors being of similar in height....anyone got any other idea's to keep the height profile to a min or would do it differently...cheers for any help or advice, Beau...
PS he is not to concerned about the floor being 100% waterproof

G

grumpygrouter

With a floor that small and if it is the thicker chipboard, you may well get away with just using Ardex-flex 7001 straight down on the floor. This is dependent on the floor being solid. At the same time for a bit of extra insurance you could lay 6mm Hardiebacker or No More Ply and tile onto that.

Reply to bathroom floor prep in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen