Discuss BAL grout help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Daz

I'm doing a porcy floor this week and the builder has supplied the materials.

I specified BAL superflex grout. He has supplied 1 bag of Superflex Ivory (old style packaging) and 1 bag of Wide Joint Ivory. Whilst I realise that I have 2 different products, how sure can I be of a good colour match?

G

Gazzer

You cant mix them and IMO wont get the same colour match .

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

You need all super flex wide joint for porcelain with BAL or normal wide joint with gt1 admix...

D

dbstiling

Porcelain tiles should always be laid with a flexible adhesive and grouted with a flexible grout. The colour will not match either as they are two different products. Sorry mate you need to go back to the builder to get him to sort it.

O

oldgit

Porcelain tiles should always be laid with a flexible adhesive and grouted with a flexible grout. The colour will not match either as they are two different products. Sorry mate you need to go back to the builder to get him to sort it.
why should it be flexible adhesive?

C

cornish_crofter

Two bags - different products, neither of which you asked for.

Builder has old stock maybe?

If he won't sort it tell him you can't guarantee your work and any remedial work is chaged to him.

So he risks several £000 to save himself some £30

O

oldgit

It has to be either flexible or be polymer enhanced to stick to porcelain.....Gaz
yes but many tilers believe it has to be S/P flex which is wrong,and costs you a lot more than say bal rapidset with porcelbond which believe is now in all bal powders.

G

GazTech

yes but many tilers believe it has to be S/P flex which is wrong,and costs you a lot more than say bal rapidset with porcelbond which believe is now in all bal powders.
Your right, anything with porcelbond is fine for porcelain that is only with Bal range. There are still 2 powdered adhesives which dont have it CTF3 & Pourable Thick Bed.....

D

Daz

Thanks for all the replies,

Just for clarity, I was talking about grout not addy.
Got the builder to change the grout for Superflex, so will grout it up tomorrow :grin:.

Reply to BAL grout help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22