Discuss Ardtex / Ardex 7000? (Flexible Tile Adhesive) in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Mossop

I was speaking with a tiler earlier on the phone he mentioned something about a product called something like Artex or Ardex 7000 (or 7000 and something).

It's a flexible tile adhesive.

Anyone happen to know this product?

L

LM

@Mossop I’m guessing your purchasing your materials inc Schluter etc from Mcalls. Be that the case they’re a very good company that’ll advise you well. Out of interest did you get the Tiler’s number from them also? If so you’re in good hands I’d imagine so all seems good.

M

Mossop

(LEE MAC, just sent a PM)

There will be an overhead shower over the bath with a bath screen to prevent most water from going onto the floor. Though there will still be some amount of water on the floor beside the bath from users getting out of the bath.

Due to this, do you think I'd need the Schluter Ditra floor matting on the floor before tiling?

The tiler suggested he would use the Ardex 7001 product to adhere the tiles directly onto the marine ply floor without matting.

L

LM

Under normal usage you wouldn't need to waterproof your floor in this instance, I'm more concerned with the quality of you plywood and the bond between it and the tiles and for that reason would recommend uncoupling with Ditra.

Reply to Ardtex / Ardex 7000? (Flexible Tile Adhesive) in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks