Discuss Aqua board /Jackoboard to plastered walls in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

A

andyoxon

-
What member type are you?
Homeowner
The walls are already plastered, I know it’s better if they hadn’t been, can I just mechanically fix the boards or do I need to used adhesive as well also if I do need to use adhesive do I need to prime the plaster first if so what with

Thanks

Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
2,159 1
What tiles are you using and is it a wet area ?

A

andyoxon

-
Homeowner
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ceramic tiles 60x33cm 5mm thick I will be sealing the boards in the wet area

T

Tile seller

TF
Reactions
58 4
You could tile directly onto the plaster, would that not be easier?

A

andyoxon

-
Homeowner
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I could just tile th
You could tile directly onto the plaster, would that not be easier?
Yes but I need to tank the area near the bath with the shower over to make sure it is waterproof so if I don’t board the rest I will have to put a lot more adhesive behind the tiles so that they are flush with the boarded part of the walls

T

Tile seller

TF
Reactions
58 4
Ah OK,
Unless you already have the boards perhaps a liquid (paint on type) of tanking system would be easier for you? Especially if the skimmed plaster is nice and flat. Do insure the plaster has been allowed its drying time too!

Else, most boards can be put up with 'dot & dab' method (do prime first). Dependant on the particular board used, some recommend a metal fixing then screwed through the blobs of addy when dry.

If in doubt, call the products technical help line to make sure the products installed correctly

Hope this helps

Reply to Aqua board /Jackoboard to plastered walls in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.