Search the forum,

Discuss Apprentice Tiler taking NVQ LEVEL 2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Apprentice.

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am looking to take my NVQ level two in tiling. I have worked with a tiler in the past and in other building trades as more or less a labourer. I am no stranger to hard graft, and already have a grasp of tiling. However i want to undertake the course to become fully qualified and experienced, and don’t want to enter into the trade like so many others who have taken a three day course and feel they could tile the great wall of china.

From reading the forums and working in the building trade i have found reputation is everything. I want to develop a decent one.

I am basically looking to work for a tiler as an apprentice whilst I take my NVQ level 2 progressing to level 3. I am hardworking person who has made a serious choice in taking the course.

My only worry is that I am 33 years of age and that there maybe some doubt or a stigma attached to taking someone on of my age. All i can say is that i am not a time waster. If anyone could help me seeking an apprenticeship I would be very grateful.
I am based at present in London and Liverpool. So I can take up employment full time in either of these cities.

Thank you.

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome:To the tilers forum and good luck with your choice of career.
I should think that any change of job will prove a challenge at your age and I'am sure the opportunities will be limited, not wholly through age, but the state of the building industry at present. But that's what lifes about - a challenge - and if you really want it you will no doubt succeed.
Sorry I can't be of any practical help but if there is any further information you may require, keep posting, or you can PM a member direct.:thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hello apprentice and:welcome:good luck with your quest mate:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Hello and welcome to tilers forums..

I wish you all the best in your chosen new career..:thumbsup:

Reply to Apprentice Tiler taking NVQ LEVEL 2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen