Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone recommend a wheel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm on the verge buying another new wet cutter wheel for my rubi nd 180 I usually use the marcrist wheels but they do tend to chip the tiles which is obviously not good when going round windows. I bought 2 of these last year which isn't bad I suppose as they have seen a lot of act. Can anyone recommend a better one than these for how much and were from thanks for your help :thumbsup:

J

JLM Tiling

Montolit DNA. The dogs mate. Think trade tiler do them, they aren't cheap but they wouldn't be because they are fine blades

Reaction score
Sorry being a bit lazy there, just checked them out on trade tiler £130 inc vat how long do they last for around because as I said I bought 2 marcrist blades last year a around £60 ish so it could work out around the same?

J

JLM Tiling

Depends eh on what tiles you get to cut over the course of the next year. I'd say they go pretty far though. I use one of the blade sharpening rubbing block thingamajiggy's though which helps. I think that's the technical name anyway.

W

White Room

I suppose depending what your cutting, could'nt say but mine still has plenty of cutting blade on it.

W

White Room

I had the marcrist and like you it was chipping the porcs, find better results with montolit dna.

Reply to Anyone recommend a wheel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen