Search the forum,

Discuss Another one for Rogues Gallery in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

theyomper

Here's another job that customer was unhappy with. A 'Professional firm doing a Professional job'!!
Fortunately they haven't paid in full and are now pursuing compensation, so I've been taking numerous photo's as I rip it all out and start again.
I have never come across such a bodge up in all my life.
Here are a few sample photographs.

Attachments

• Mr and Mrs Cornock 005.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 589
  • Mr and Mrs Cornock 015.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 594
  • Mr and Mrs Cornock 021.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 586
  • Mr and Mrs Cornock 045.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 558
  • Mr and Mrs Cornock 032.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 553
B

bighen

Nice:yikes:

Not even :oops:

Its a shame people can carry out substandard work and expect to get away with it

I suppose the current climate doesn't help. People trying anything to earn money

Good luck with the refit:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1779

I was thinking to myself what could be worse than Jordan and Peter splitting up...

And then I saw this. That is todays nightmare of the day.

T

theyomper

Here's some more to wet your appetite.
The underfloor heating had been wired wrong so was always on. The electrics for the shower as photo shows and dowlighters in ceiling with no shrouds to protect the insulation.
On a positive note I was able to salvage the UFH.

Attachments

• Mr and Mrs Cornock 042.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 297
  • Mr and Mrs Cornock 011.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 342
  • Mr and Mrs Cornock 052.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 342
  • Mr and Mrs Cornock 050.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 279
  • Mr and Mrs Cornock 048.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 332
D

DHTiling

Well!!!!!..mmmmmmmmm....ooooohhhhhhh!!!.....aaaaahhh!!!..mmmmmm....not good is it...:smilewinkgrin:

B

brian c

im no electrician but i know the downlighters get very hot and with those polystyrene packaging things near them is a recipe for disaster.The window reveal looks as if its not been prep'd properly either and what can you say about that bottom row of tiling?

shocking!:yikes:

T

theyomper

This is the feed to the electric shower.

Attachments

• Mr and Mrs Cornock 051.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 212
T

theyomper

This is after I lifted the 9 mm ply from the floor. Radiator joint been leaking for some time. Good old DOT/DAB, I suspect adhesive too dry and possibly not flexible.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 009.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 238
  • 011.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 008.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 218
Reaction score
how the _______ do these people get away with doing jobs like this, and why do customers let them carry on...shocking !!!!

Reply to Another one for Rogues Gallery in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen