Search the forum,

Discuss Am I being a perfectionist? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

MCS

It’s hard to tell from images you’ve posted, they just looked a little grubby. Make sense?
Grouting doesn’t look the best and even picture framing looks present.
But could totally be just images and not a true reflection of the overall finish

They aren’t dirty if that’s what you mean? They feel jagged and sharp if you feel down the edge. Those were the best photos I could manage, but they are pictures of the bits that look the worst as that’s what I wanted views on.

O

Old Mod

I’m not saying they’re dirty, please don’t misunderstand me.
If you’re happy other than the poor cuts, then that’s kool.

O

One Day

Marble - even a relatively low-grade marble should NEVER have a chrome trim stuck on. It should be polished, bull-nosed or mitred/polished.
That is truly awful work.

Even IF you are happy to have a trim on the edge of stone, it should be done neatly. Whoever did that needs their vision checking.
Sorry - I feel for you, but we see this every single week....

M

MCS

Thanks all, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate you sharing your expertise. I did so much research before I settled on someone to do the work (and yes, I made sure they were a pro tiler) so I am very upset I have ended up in this mess.

I have gone back to them to query the work as I can’t leave it how it is, especially now I can be confident it’s not just me being picky!

O

Old Mod

Someone post a picture of how it should be done..
Got no images of mitred marble as such.
But got this :)

EDA68211-64EC-4305-8756-20EDF4C5141C.jpeg

No different to real thing tho.

Reply to Am I being a perfectionist? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen