Search the forum,

Discuss advice: tiling over Cure IT 'fibreglass paint' surface in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cmcbugg

Hi. I came across this forum while doing some research into my issue. I know very little about tiling myself so I trying to read up on options. I share outdoor steps with my next door neighbour. The steps currently have some kind of concrete based surface and cover the basement hallways/store room. Currently there is an issue with water coming though after rain, and her contractor has proposed to cover the concrete steps with a Cure IT 'fibreglass paint' system to give a waterproof base, and then cover over that with tiles (which would then be for aesthetic purposes).

From the Cure IT website (gandbnw) I can see if is mostly used for roofing, but can also be used on steps - so my query is really around whether it is a suitable surface to tile over - or whether there would be any particular reasons not to.

Thanks. Chris

T

Time's Ran Out

Best bet would be to ring the manufacturers no. and ask.
Welcome and enjoy.

Reply to advice: tiling over Cure IT 'fibreglass paint' surface in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen