Discuss Advice on flooring and rates in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Bindo

-
Reaction score
Looking at 150m2 of plank tiles for floors, the sub is anhydride and has piping underfloor heating throughout. would you Matt all of this out and use a cement based adh or go straight onto the sub using gypsum adh no matting Or use matting and gypsum adh? Also rates, planking what would you charge per m2?

Reaction score
I'd mat out any large area with ufh. Will only need a gypsum adhesive to fit the mat. Surface laitance will have to be removed as well as checking floor is properly cured. Possible expansion gaps on thresholds. Not sure rates can be openly discussed on here, but those plank tiles will need leveling clips and an area that size will eat up a lot of clips so factor that in.. there is potential for a lot to go wrong if not done right. So make sure it is worth your while. Cheers

Joshjupp

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'd mat out any large area with ufh. Will only need a gypsum adhesive to fit the mat. Surface laitance will have to be removed as well as checking floor is properly cured. Possible expansion gaps on thresholds. Not sure rates can be openly discussed on here, but those plank tiles will need leveling clips and an area that size will eat up a lot of clips so factor that in.. there is potential for a lot to go wrong if not done right. So make sure it is worth your while. Cheers
Here’s a chart to work out how many clips are needed :)
00EBDD82-21C4-4140-BD90-FBEA271FBA46.png

Paulg83

TF
Reaction score
Have a look at Bal flexbone 2 easy, might be of good use for the screed and you don't need to sand the laitence, don't need to addy it down either.

Reply to Advice on flooring and rates in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley