Search the forum,

Discuss Advertising And Social Media in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kimboslash

Do many on here regularly advertise and use the medium of social media to get more work, or are you happy with your current base of contacts?

I personally have never needed to advertise as all of my work has come from word of mouth and regular builders/plumbers over the years, but common sense says the more enquires coming in from potential customers means being able to choose the better jobs.

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I personally don't due to contacts and a few Firms I do work for. I have thought about it but I could do without the messers, and the cheap quote chasers!!

Q

Qwerty

I use it a lot. I don't see it as advertising really, more networking with retailers, suppliers, other trades etc. I find I get a lot more from me being known to the supplier than the next tiler! You've got to be in it to win it!

Reaction score
Same i don't advertise just promote my self sometimes :hurray::thumbsup: so if you know anyone who has the money and wants a swimming pool built or mosaic tiled and rendered give me a shout and if i get the job then there is a good drink in it for you :thumbsup: cant be fairer than that :hurray:

S

Stef

I advertise on my Facebook page & get a lot of enquiries from it.
Most of my work is through word of mouth though but it gets your name out there even more.

S

steve-tiler

I think its someone to look into, i'll maybe get a facebook page sorted out between xmas and new year.

I have always put it off on the past incase it just attracts time wasters and people messaging-how much to tile my kitchen, its not very big,etc.

S

Sean SML Tiling

Steve-tiler that's all I get off Facebook. Complete time wasters. Can u tile my porch tomorrow it's only 1m? Sod off love I'd rather clean my van out. I've given plenty of quotes and not 1 single person queried the price of my quality. Every person said sorry someone is going to do it for half the price. I still post pics but just to get people to my website to increase traffic.

J

Jelthetiler

I personally don't due to contacts and a few Firms I do work for. I have thought about it but I could do without the messers, and the cheap quote chasers!!

I'll go look at any job but my sliding scale of rates will never change. I've lost count of the amount of jobs I've sorted that a 'cheaper tiler' has done. Rates is rates!

Reply to Advertising And Social Media in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen