Search the forum,

Discuss adhesives and trowels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CRAIG G

just finished what i thought was a wee job, ended up having to re plaster walls. i had to use a 10mm notched trowel for the 250mm x 400mm tiles and it just eats up the adhesive but what i was wondering was why is normal adhesive not adequate for large format tiles, whats the difference betwwen normal adhesive and large format stuff?

C

CRAIG G

just like most stuff sitting on the selfs of B and Q and the likes, alot said only for tiles up to 300mm x 300mm

G

Gazzer

Tubbed stuff is dispersion adhesive and needs air to dry it out. So if you use it on a large format tile the air will not be able to get to all the adhesive. Cement based adhesive works by water being the catalyst which makes the adhesive set within a given time.

Reply to adhesives and trowels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen