Search the forum,

Discuss adhesive staining on jakarta matt finish porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lee cooper

Hi everyone, in need of a little online assistance....We recently laid a floor of Jakarta 600 x 600 black floor tiles. They are are semi-matte?? finish. However, being new to tiling and under a tight schedule we werent as careful as we could have been and we are now left with adhesive stains on several tiles which we cant seem to shift. Have tried the grout/adhesive remover stuff from Topps Tiles and several hours with scouring pads but with no effect. Any help would be gratefully received...and stop me getting an ear bending off the wife.

Lee

D

DHTiling

Hi Lee and welcome... the adhesive will be just in the open pores of the tiles from the polishing process and will remove with the right product... lithofin cement away is a good one..

M

Mark@Fila

Hi Lee,
As the grout was left on a while you may find that the staining could be polymers from the grout. If this is the case then Fila PS87, diluted 1:5 and worked with an abrasive pad, left on for at least 5 mins then rinsed, should resolve the problem.

Mark

Reply to adhesive staining on jakarta matt finish porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen