Discuss 3B4M Push handle towards measure bar or away in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

D

DazJWood

TF
I have bought a Sigma 3B4M max tile cutter and been watching a few videos on YouTube.

It came delivered with the handle assembled so that you would push away from the measure bar (or pull towards).

One of the YouTube videos that I have seen says to remove the handle, turn it around, so that the handle then pushes towards the measure bar.

YouTube link

This makes more sense to me because the tile is not going to move if you are pushing towards the measure bar.

All other videos I have seen push away from the measure bar. Which way should it be used? Or does it really not matter and it's down to personal preference.

Any other tips for using this cutter. Have only made two practise cuts so far (will be using it tomorrow). So far a light scribe has given a cleaner break.

Thanks,

Daz

I

Italy

watch only official sigmaitalia videos

Tony_C

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
1,980 2
Push away is how it should be but do whatever you feel more happy with. If you search for 3c3m you will find plenty tips for the max cutters 😊. Also check out how to set the height correctly as this can be make or brake for some tiles. Literally

ray coates

ray coates

-
Reactions
What member type are you?
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler, Homeowner, Contractor, Bathroom Fitter, Floor Fitter
i have mine set up to push towards the bar docent make sense to push away.

CJ

CJ

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
445 1
Never tried a Sigma...........seems alien to me to pull.

Tony_C

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
1,980 2
😁 I get that 😉, the majority of Sigmas are pull. They are the alien models 😉
Not a fan of pull either to be honest, my 37cm is pull and that's enough for me

Reply to 3B4M Push handle towards measure bar or away in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Tiling Tools 1
R Tiling Tools 2

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.