Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 3B4M Push handle towards measure bar or away in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I have bought a Sigma 3B4M max tile cutter and been watching a few videos on YouTube.

It came delivered with the handle assembled so that you would push away from the measure bar (or pull towards).

One of the YouTube videos that I have seen says to remove the handle, turn it around, so that the handle then pushes towards the measure bar.

YouTube link

This makes more sense to me because the tile is not going to move if you are pushing towards the measure bar.

All other videos I have seen push away from the measure bar. Which way should it be used? Or does it really not matter and it's down to personal preference.

Any other tips for using this cutter. Have only made two practise cuts so far (will be using it tomorrow). So far a light scribe has given a cleaner break.

Thanks,

Daz

I

Italy

watch only official sigmaitalia videos

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Push away is how it should be but do whatever you feel more happy with. If you search for 3c3m you will find plenty tips for the max cutters 😊. Also check out how to set the height correctly as this can be make or brake for some tiles. Literally

Reply to 3B4M Push handle towards measure bar or away in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock