Search the forum,

Discuss 3 way mitre cut in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

skeg

Have rad the other thread on 3way mitre and watched a vid on youtube. My question is, does the tile trim have to be a quarter round profile? The trim i'm practising with is less than a quarter round and just doesn't seem to get a snug fit. Am i doing anything else wrong. Going to be tiling half way up a window reveal and want to get the best finish so would rather do the 3 way mitre than use the corner peices.

Thanks

S

skeg

Did read somewhere that someone experienced trouble with the corner peices looking a different colour to the trim after some time.

Do the corner peices come in just a quarter round profile or to they come in different profiles to match?

G

Gazzer

You need to use the same manufacturer to guanatee a good match. i use Genesis. Yes you will have trouble doing a 3 way mitre if all sides of trim are not equal.

S

Scott

Which trim do you have? The tile rite ones are a great match.

Do you have a pair of these?

Tradetiler Tile Trims

Last edited by a moderator:
S

skeg

You need to use the same manufacturer to guanatee a good match. i use Genesis. Yes you will have trouble doing a 3 way mitre if all sides of trim are not equal.

When you say all sides are not equal are you saying what i was trying to describe, as in the profile of the trim is not a complete quarter circle? Sorry, this would be easier with pictures but haven't got the time to put up at the moment.

G

Gazzer

When you say all sides are not equal are you saying what i was trying to describe, as in the profile of the trim is not a complete quarter circle? Sorry, this would be easier with pictures but haven't got the time to put up at the moment.

Yes you got it.

S

skeg

Just looking on the Homelux website. Would i be right in thinking then that i would have to use their Quadrant trim if i was going to do a snug fitting three way mitre cut (as opossed to using there quadrant corner peices) because that profile is quarter round where their other trim types are not (most noticeable when you click on their technical bit under the tile edging tab on the home page)?

C

charlie1

IMO, homelux trim is really poor, it has a tendancy to bend out of shape as you cut it due to the poor construction. I personaly use genesis or tileright!

Reply to 3 way mitre cut in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello all, After years of abuse, the bathroom needed an overhaul from top to bottom. Out...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen