Search the forum,

Discuss 22mm NoMorePly Floor Board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

drewwiley

Isn’t your first option what I’m suggesting I.e a floating floor :) I just want to know if nmp 22mm is suitable for a floating floor?

D

drewwiley

What’s the point in sticking it? There should be a vapour barrier between the insulation and nmp? I guess you also need expansion too for the nmp.

Do you think 22mm nmp is a suitable replacement for p5

D

Dumbo

I'll tell you what put some 22mm nmp on some wobbly jablite then get your calendar out and count the days in till it fails .

D

drewwiley

I’d probably go for k103 :) I just don’t understand what sticking does?

The insulation should be a snug fix so shouldn’t move? I would never stick a vapour layer that is mad surely?

The existing floor has been down for 25 years with no issues at all until the shower started to leak and expanded the chipboard.

Maybe I’m missing something :) I genuinely just want some advice with good reasons for suggestions

Has anybody used 22mm nmp and how was it

D

Dumbo

No over site is perfectly flat in my experience . Therefore the jablite will rock and make anything on top move . When I say stick down insulation board I mean , jackoboard, marmox or similar .

O

Old Mod

I’m sure if someone had carried out the procedure you’re suggesting, they would have mentioned it.
No one in here will tell you laying a floating floor is a good idea, it goes against everything we’re taught.

What I can say is that I have used Hardiefloor and found it to be a good product, and would use it instead of chipboard all day long.
If the flooring by NMP is of a similar vein, then I would choose this over chipboard also.
Personally I’ve never used it.
The main advantage of these products is that they are inert, and not subject to deformation due to atmospheric conditions or water.
This alone makes these products far superior to chipboard.

How you choose to install it would be entirely up to you.

Reaction score
T&G floorboards glued together using SikaBond (allowing 1-2 cm around floor perimeter for expansion), decent vinyl underlay then vinyl flooring over the lot - don't tile.

Reply to 22mm NoMorePly Floor Board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen