Discuss 22mm NoMorePly Floor Board in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

drewwiley

Has anybody used this tongue and groove flooring board as a floating floor rather than waterproof chipboard? im just wondering how well it does when not screwed to joists!

I believe HardiFloor has been discontinued now but no more ply still produce it.

Thanks

B

Bill

Has anybody used this tongue and groove flooring board as a floating floor rather than waterproof chipboard? im just wondering how well it does when not screwed to joists!

I believe HardiFloor has been discontinued now but no more ply still produce it.

Thanks
James Hardie Hardiefloor T & G Flooring 2400mm X 500mm X 22mm - http://www.builderdepot.co.uk/james-hardie-hardiefloor-t-g-flooring-2400mm-x-500mm-x-22mm.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0dq4pKja2AIV75XtCh06rwM5EAAYASAAEgIPyPD_BwE

D

drewwiley

i rang Hardi they assure me any stock out there will be old stock they are only supplying this in australia now. I can easily get hold of nomoreply 22mm but i want to know if its any good

D

drewwiley

It’s a barn conversion and the rest of the ground floor is of this construction. I’m intending on replacing like for all be it with improved products. This will maintain floor height for a start. I don’t want to introduce joists nor do I want to lay a slab / screed, I only have 75mm to play with.

I have decided on construction just not products. Has anybody got experience using this boarding as a floating floor?

F

Flintstone

Tiling on a floating floor is a no no really if you want a guaranteed job, even with hardie 22mm

D

drewwiley

Yeh totally understand that, even overboarding and ditra may not yield good results. I’m more interested if anybody has used the 22mm as a floating floor. I may not end tiling I’m just looking for an alternative and more stable than chipboard.

I’m wondering about strength too?

D

Dumbo

You need to make it not floating . There are at least a couple of ways of doing this without screeding .

D

Dumbo

You could stick down 50mm insulation board and stick 22mm nmp on top .
You could stick down two layers of insulation board to a thickness of about 75 mm .
You fix down a wooden frame of about 50mm to floor then fix 22mm nmp to that . Think laterally.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

drewwiley

Isn’t your first option what I’m suggesting I.e a floating floor :) I just want to know if nmp 22mm is suitable for a floating floor?

D

drewwiley

What’s the point in sticking it? There should be a vapour barrier between the insulation and nmp? I guess you also need expansion too for the nmp.

Do you think 22mm nmp is a suitable replacement for p5

D

Dumbo

I'll tell you what put some 22mm nmp on some wobbly jablite then get your calendar out and count the days in till it fails .

D

drewwiley

I’d probably go for k103 :) I just don’t understand what sticking does?

The insulation should be a snug fix so shouldn’t move? I would never stick a vapour layer that is mad surely?

The existing floor has been down for 25 years with no issues at all until the shower started to leak and expanded the chipboard.

Maybe I’m missing something :) I genuinely just want some advice with good reasons for suggestions

Has anybody used 22mm nmp and how was it

Reply to 22mm NoMorePly Floor Board in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks