Discuss 2018 world cup in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazzer

Rumours stating England never got passed 1st round of voting.....thats about right for England though isnt it ?
Not that I am bothered either way but I do wonder how much money this has all cost so far when it could all be decided at a meeting of those in charge for next to nothing.

and the Result is.........

Russia :yikes:

S

sgd tiling

am a scotsman,i think its all a fix,theres 2 much corruption n all sports now,reason?
money money money,it aint sport no more its capitalism,england has all the infrastuction,but russia does as well,still think its fixed

U

user123

Scottley, I agree with you with the football thingy, but I like the tree planting scheme, £4.2m isn't that much compared how much gets wasted on other things... this worked really well in Berlin, swallowing up pollution, making people happier and calmer... :) anyhow, why shouldn't Russia get it? It said on the radio that they put a really good final presentation forward, that it had never before been held in an Eastern block country etc etc, so maybe we should be gracious losers...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

England will never win this sort of event.. look at the eurovision.. started here but always political voting for each other, this Fifa is the same. all political voting for each other and totally wrong.. IMO..

C

Colour Republic

FIX

only just watched the Panorama, aside for the payments made I was more shocked at the condidtions being agreed

Visas and border control relaxed,
Tax havens

WHAT!!??? Here is a self styled body writing their own laws, and countries are bowing to them

S

Scott

Im sure the backhander from a certain london football club owner helped grease a few palms

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Russia's arguably one of the most corrupt countries in the world and only really bordering over the line of being a democratic country. Given the FACT that the bidding is all so corrupt, are you really surprised Russia won the bid? :lol:

I hoped we got it, as it's a buzz around the time and it's nice to win a few games in your home country. But I wasn't really expecting it.

I'm sure Russia will do a fine job of it though as there will be millions of quid laundered in the process so they'll have a massive private investment and will want to do everything to spend cash on things that will make money over time and give the country better services to their own even after the world cup.

T

Time's Ran Out

£15 million we spent on getting 2 votes for England!:mad2:
And 1 of those was our own vote - unless we voted for someone else.:oops:
Yesterday we were told (the two Daves and Willy) that we had a good chance:lol:

We send our lads around the World to help the United Nations, in the name of Democracy and we end up with 1 vote:yikes:
We have the greatest League in the World, attracting arguably the best footballers in the World, getting an indecent amout of our money (revenue through gates and Sky) and we get 1 vote:lol:

1 vote :lol: - still it saves me wasting any more money in 2018 from my pension, and as my Dad said - 'am I bothered I wont be here'.

H

hillhead

I'm Irish and think you lot were robbed again, disgrace and it should have been in England.
Fix,fix,fix and yes Russia is corrupt for sure but it's like a lot of countries now.

S

sgd tiling

for all those disappinted 2018 supporters complaining about cash spent campaining it,3 words,got to try

Reply to 2018 world cup in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks