Search the forum,

Discuss 2 in 2 days ! floor prep advice. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Im currently ripping out my GF bathroom in her rented flat in Brighton. The flats are all concrete jungles. The floors are raised up by 2x2 nailed into the concrete and chipboard. This is essentially downstairs ceiling !

Low and behold I finally get to look at the sub base on this mornings new bathroom...and its exactly the same !

the tiler who was going to tile it but didn't win the job, he had this knowledge and I didn't. He was going to prep by screwing, priming, magic matting (ditra) and tile.

Having never come across this before I can now be sure I need advice on how to give the client and sound floor. Im working with around 8m2.

Thanks for your reply when you have time guys and gals.

Cameron

S

Spud

Why don't you just rip the lot out and buy some 50mm Dukka board and stick it to the concrete it will give you the same ffl

Q

Qwerty

Can you not do as Gary suggested, but cut out for pipes & wires (or just tidy them all up?)

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Fraid not my man! It's a birds nest of wires and pipes. Had thought about it to be honest. Looks like floors coming up to screw 'joists' down board then cement board

L

lizzardtong

some self leveling compounds go up to 50mm just put flexible conduit over cables and lagging on pipes and off you go

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

lag the pipes cover the cables then screed the floor lay tiles into sand and cement screed while wet job done 100 year floor

Reply to 2 in 2 days ! floor prep advice. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen