Search the forum,

Discuss 18mm cement board UHF in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bill

To be fair, the last one I did with these boards, the boars were only screwed down onto 22mm ply but there have been no issues at all.

The manufacturer stated that they could be tiled straight onto with a flexible adhesive and that's what I did. I used a Norcross one too, so I think that so long as you prime them sufficiently, a quality flexi addy and you will be fine.

The correct commisioning of the heating is ultra important to the success of the tiles keeping their bond.

This is the stuff I used, over 2 years now

https://www.tileexperience.co.uk/co...s-rapid-porcelain-tile-adhesive-grey-20kg.png

But with stone, you will need to use crack mat.

O

Old Mod

Yes these systems are loose lay, they’re supposed to level floor first and then glue board edges together as they’re laid, creating one large sheet.
Done correctly, they don’t move, the weight is colossal.
Prime the entire area thoroughly, applying at least two coats perpendicular to each other, use a grit based primer on plastic areas. (Prime & grip or similar)
Charge the system to 5-6 bar cold and latex with 5mm covering above pipes.
This causes pipe expansion, so when the system is discharged they contract leaving enough room for the pies to expand and contract when in use.
Minimising the risk of movement.
Anti fracture mat, it’s stone, it needs one.
A 1mm mat would be sufficient, no need for Ditra, although it will offer a higher level of protection.
Tile
and correct ufh commission, is paramount.

Reply to 18mm cement board UHF in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen