Currently reading:
18mm cement board UHF

Discuss 18mm cement board UHF in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

shongu

Hi everyone. Id need advice asap.;) They called me to do a travertine floor. They put 18mm cement board uhf onto a primed concrete floor with flexi adh. Some of these boards were still moving (I think not enough adhesive under), so the next day they drilled and screwed them to the concrete. We would need to put 600x600 12mm traventine on top.
The floor needs some levelling and we want to use ditra on top. Is it possible lay slc onto these boards? Also they came with plastic parts where the pipes return would the slc stick to that? Any advice would be much appreciated. I just don't want to do something isn't right.

S

shongu

The system called warm board. It's 18mm cement board with 12mm pipes.
The surface is pretty much like hardie backer.

20180120_164134.jpg

D

Dumbo

I spoke to tile master about this very same system earier this week . They said prime ,level minimum 5mm then tile.
Just as a side note , I was speaking to warm board tech also and ended up calling him . Dishonest ,deceitful and that their fitting instructions were ambiguous.
Sorry I missed out if boards are screwed down to use anticrack Matt on top of levelling .
What part of the country are you from ?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dumbo

We are in London. Doing the job in Notting Hill. Plumber who put it down a bit clueless I think. I just don't want it to fail. We specified to put ditra on it. Did not say levelling but we really should.
Should we use primer G for priming as usual gypsum surfaces?
We should pour it tomorrow so in bit of a rush. Warm board does not know what goes with what.
Phone tilemaster first thing. Bear in mind when priming pipe returns are non porous . Also tell them panels are screwed down .

B

Bill

To be fair, the last one I did with these boards, the boars were only screwed down onto 22mm ply but there have been no issues at all.

The manufacturer stated that they could be tiled straight onto with a flexible adhesive and that's what I did. I used a Norcross one too, so I think that so long as you prime them sufficiently, a quality flexi addy and you will be fine.

The correct commisioning of the heating is ultra important to the success of the tiles keeping their bond.

This is the stuff I used, over 2 years now

https://www.tileexperience.co.uk/co...s-rapid-porcelain-tile-adhesive-grey-20kg.png

But with stone, you will need to use crack mat.

O

Old Mod

Yes these systems are loose lay, they’re supposed to level floor first and then glue board edges together as they’re laid, creating one large sheet.
Done correctly, they don’t move, the weight is colossal.
Prime the entire area thoroughly, applying at least two coats perpendicular to each other, use a grit based primer on plastic areas. (Prime & grip or similar)
Charge the system to 5-6 bar cold and latex with 5mm covering above pipes.
This causes pipe expansion, so when the system is discharged they contract leaving enough room for the pies to expand and contract when in use.
Minimising the risk of movement.
Anti fracture mat, it’s stone, it needs one.
A 1mm mat would be sufficient, no need for Ditra, although it will offer a higher level of protection.
Tile
and correct ufh commission, is paramount.

Reply to 18mm cement board UHF in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement