Search the forum,

Discuss 1880 house with lime render. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

sifly

TF
Reaction score
Hi, I am replacing a bathroom and after removing the old tiles have found old lime /horsehair render on brick. This seems pretty solid and wondered if I can tile over with 250 mm x8mm tiles after priming /stabilizing wall?
Or do I rip it off and render with sand/cement?... There will be a shower above the bath.
Cheers Si.

sifly

TF
Reaction score
I see the 6mm boards are mainly listed as for floors, would it be OK if screwed directly onto the render, or should I go 12? I don't have space for wood battens.
I'll make a decision later after I remove the tiles above the bath and see how well they are fixed.
Cheers Si.
Ps. Just hope the neighbours don't mind the hammer drill!

Reply to 1880 house with lime render. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen