Search the forum,

Discuss Wot to do next in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

janetromain

Hi all need advise on natural porous stone laid inside 8yrs ago it was impregnated soon after but I have now found out I should have used stone soap to clean instead of flash,etc. I want to bring it back to natural colour and with a shine if poss,any ideas

P

Pebbs

Jane, have you been mopping it over with Flash and water for the last 8 years or just recently?

Pebbs

P

peckers

What type of stone is it and do you have any pics? Some stones wont shine as others do! It could be possible to have them polished with diamonds and/or polishing powders, it does depend on the stone as to what level of shine can be achieved and what you are expecting and if it is achieveable or not.
Another way is to put down a wax and then buff this to a shine however again it depends on what is used and also the level off shine the tile has before this is applied.
As you live in teignmouth and if you are looking to have this done for you? then as Im not to far away I would come and have a look.

J

janetromain

What type of stone is it and do you have any pics? Some stones wont shine as others do! It could be possible to have them polished with diamonds and/or polishing powders, it does depend on the stone as to what level of shine can be achieved and what you are expecting and if it is achieveable or not.
Another way is to put down a wax and then buff this to a shine however again it depends on what is used and also the level off shine the tile has before this is applied.
As you live in teignmouth and if you are looking to have this done for you? then as Im not to far away I would come and have a look.
thanks for your helpful reply sorry but I don't know how to upload pictures but I can give you the name of stone HOPPE TRAVERTINE BRUSH CHISEL EDGE UNFILLED MED DARK natural stone. They were never shiny in the first place but as in my ignorance I have been cleaning them with bleach based products I fear I may have damaged them what do u think?

Reply to Wot to do next in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen