Search the forum,

Discuss Wot to do next in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

What type of stone is it and do you have any pics? Some stones wont shine as others do! It could be possible to have them polished with diamonds and/or polishing powders, it does depend on the stone as to what level of shine can be achieved and what you are expecting and if it is achieveable or not.
Another way is to put down a wax and then buff this to a shine however again it depends on what is used and also the level off shine the tile has before this is applied.
As you live in teignmouth and if you are looking to have this done for you? then as Im not to far away I would come and have a look.

J

janetromain

What type of stone is it and do you have any pics? Some stones wont shine as others do! It could be possible to have them polished with diamonds and/or polishing powders, it does depend on the stone as to what level of shine can be achieved and what you are expecting and if it is achieveable or not.
Another way is to put down a wax and then buff this to a shine however again it depends on what is used and also the level off shine the tile has before this is applied.
As you live in teignmouth and if you are looking to have this done for you? then as Im not to far away I would come and have a look.
thanks for your helpful reply sorry but I don't know how to upload pictures but I can give you the name of stone HOPPE TRAVERTINE BRUSH CHISEL EDGE UNFILLED MED DARK natural stone. They were never shiny in the first place but as in my ignorance I have been cleaning them with bleach based products I fear I may have damaged them what do u think?

Reply to Wot to do next in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.