Search the forum,

Discuss Worktop surface protector in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have used rolls of pink multi surface protector to stick to customers worktops (similar to the clear carpet stuff) when doing their kitchens for a while now without issue, but have had a recent customer come back to me saying it has left residue marks and they have tried to remove them with a solvent (Toulene) from the worktop installer as well as trying to use white spirit and nothing is shifting it. The worktop is a black laminate.

I have contacted the supplier today to see what they recommend, but has anyone else ever had a similar incident? If so, how did you overcome it?

Ta

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Funny you should mention this as there is defo a hole in the market for the perfect product. I was using jewsons roll n stroll today on sparkly laminate and have defo got reservations about leaving it on overnight...so I took it off

I

ianflem

Ive had residue left on porcs from roll n stroll before and it was
A pain...untill i used a product called "sticky stuff remover" manufactured by desolv-it. Im sure homebase sell it now.Apply leave for ren mins then residue just wiped off !

A

AMtek

Ive had residue left on porcs from roll n stroll before and it was
A pain...untill i used a product called "sticky stuff remover" manufactured by desolv-it. Im sure homebase sell it now.Apply leave for ren mins then residue just wiped off !

Good stuff for getting sign writing off as well. Expensive though! Halfords sell it

P

Peter

Funny you should mention this as there is defo a hole in the market for the perfect product.

This is it. Acoustic underlay. Got about 30m off a floor I was lifting and have bits cut to size for everything. Worktops, halls, showertrays etc.

Acoustica-Better.jpg

I

ian158

It also leaves residue on carpets! And over time dirt sticks to it and you see after time dirt in a long line!

Reply to Worktop surface protector in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen