Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Worktop surface protector in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have used rolls of pink multi surface protector to stick to customers worktops (similar to the clear carpet stuff) when doing their kitchens for a while now without issue, but have had a recent customer come back to me saying it has left residue marks and they have tried to remove them with a solvent (Toulene) from the worktop installer as well as trying to use white spirit and nothing is shifting it. The worktop is a black laminate.

I have contacted the supplier today to see what they recommend, but has anyone else ever had a similar incident? If so, how did you overcome it?

Ta

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Funny you should mention this as there is defo a hole in the market for the perfect product. I was using jewsons roll n stroll today on sparkly laminate and have defo got reservations about leaving it on overnight...so I took it off

I

ianflem

Ive had residue left on porcs from roll n stroll before and it was
A pain...untill i used a product called "sticky stuff remover" manufactured by desolv-it. Im sure homebase sell it now.Apply leave for ren mins then residue just wiped off !

A

AMtek

Ive had residue left on porcs from roll n stroll before and it was
A pain...untill i used a product called "sticky stuff remover" manufactured by desolv-it. Im sure homebase sell it now.Apply leave for ren mins then residue just wiped off !

Good stuff for getting sign writing off as well. Expensive though! Halfords sell it

P

Peter

Funny you should mention this as there is defo a hole in the market for the perfect product.

This is it. Acoustic underlay. Got about 30m off a floor I was lifting and have bits cut to size for everything. Worktops, halls, showertrays etc.

Acoustica-Better.jpg

I

ian158

It also leaves residue on carpets! And over time dirt sticks to it and you see after time dirt in a long line!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I'd say it defeats the purpose if you have to remove residue after you remove the protector.
All a complete waste of money if you ask me. Use cardboard or crry som bath towels.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Unbelievably, the customer has come back to me to say that it isn't a residue, but reflections from the chrome mosaic I fixed...maybe I should just leave grout haze on the tiles, then she wouldn't worry about the worktop!
So frustrated with them as have spent well over an hour making calls, emails and visiting retailer because I care about the work I do and would have hated to cause a problem in someones house

Reply to Worktop surface protector in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks