Search the forum,

Discuss whoops ! kinda bought a £350 hoover ! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Don't want to upset you too much Cam but I paid £199 inc vat for my midi, with the cleaning kit too :oops: Anglia tool centre were doing a cracking deal on them at the time but even their price today is pretty good at £299.

another bit of bad news is that you may find you still need that old wickes wet and dry, the festool is a dust extractor rather than a builders vacuum, it really won't handle builders rubble like a Henry or the wickes W&D does. It's too refined and the hose not wide enough.

Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic bit of kit and I love mine but it's designed to make your working environment cleaner and healthier when using woodworking power tools., not picking lumps of rubble up.

So well worth the investment just as long as you know it's not a direct replacement for your old one. You've also started on a slippery green and grey festool slope, if you're starting to do kitchens then a TS55 should be next on your list, after that then start saving and get your self a kapex120, can't recommend it enough. It certainly hurts when handing over a massive chunk of change but it's by far the best chop saw I've ever owned and I've had some bloody good ones!

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
I actually know you paid that much as it came up in a search on here !

The reasoning is to extract dust as I will be chasing walls a lot more now and looking to invest in further tools such as a router and a chop saw. I have actually not googled any of these yet as it is far too tempting to hoy it on the plastic...I change mine regularly to get 0%!!

Oh dear I have just ebayed the chop saw !! £1700+ for all the bells and whistles !!!

I really want away from the bathroom game for now...I get bored every 7 years or so...in my youth it was every ten minutes !!! So I am very lucky to be able to work with a guy who is just as clinical with every cut of wood as I am with tile !

C

Colour Republic

Oh dear I have just ebayed the chop saw !! £1700+ for all the bells and whistles !!!

Don't look at ebay for the chop saw as they are quite often more than what it costs in the shops, bit like when you see a Dewalt d2400 for over £1000 on ebay!

the kapex can be got for just under £1000 for the saw only, or with the festool stand for around £1250, but i paired it with a dewalt stand which suits me better. Think i paid £1150 all in:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

hahaha oh well ! que sera sera ! mine is pretty sexy though...

So is Hoover just the brand name for a vacuum or is £350 expensive for a blow/sucking action down south!
Dustpan and brush from Aldi for me. They are in vibrant colours but couldn't consider being sexy!

T

TJ Smiler

So is Hoover just the brand name for a vacuum or is £350 expensive for a blow/sucking action down south!
Dustpan and brush from Aldi for me. They are in vibrant colours but couldn't consider being sexy!

HaHaHa TJ, my dust pan is a big wide metal one that cost me £9, blood fantastic it is lol

Reply to whoops ! kinda bought a £350 hoover ! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen