Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss whoops ! kinda bought a £350 hoover ! in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
The reasoning I paid such an amount for the item I hear you ask...

Well...upon working around the corner from where I live I have had to tell a fair few pestering polish 'metalmen' to sod off from my skip and leave me be !

I left my wickes wet and dry stashed behind said skip where I nipped to the shop to get a few items to keep me lubricated from the sweaty heat beaming down upon me ! 30C it was I say !

So I came back to the house with some cold, cold water and lollies...to find the motor of the hoover gone !

Oh well, its the first time I have had anything nicked down here so I thought it was the right time to buy a new one as this thing was booling dust out of every crevice once sucked up.
So I dithered and dathered and almost pressed the 'add to basket' button...but I could not do it.

Off I went to work the next day to find my wicked wet and dry upturned in the skip...LESS ITS WHEELS !! hahaha

I could not believe nor stop laughing at what had happened...to cut a long story short I came back the next day to find the metal pegs that were left by the wheel lighteners removed too !!!

That confirmed my add to basket press and shortly she arrived !

My festool midi !!!

She purrs like a kitten and I am looking forward to purchasing some tools to attach to her as I am currently being taught to fit kitchens now. I've had my fill with backsplashes and what not.
ITS TIME TO LEARN !

W

White Room

Your Wickes hoover got skinned alive then, the Eastern Europeans are like ferrets when it comes to scrap.....£350 for a hoover :yikes:

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
its a full on dust extractor and has many a good review so im happy with my purchase...just haven't told the mrs hehehehe

W

White Room

I bought one of these and one of the reviews mentions Festool http://www.NoLinksToThis/p/nilfisk-alto-aero-25-21-1400w-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-230v/41848

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
wow, all reviews are positive !

I did think about paying less when it came to the crunch yet one feature I do like is the fact you can stick a power tool into the plug on the CT and it turns on and off automatically. Also the fact it has a hose store ! very well thought out bit of kit !

W

White Room

wow, all reviews are positive !

I did think about paying less when it came to the crunch yet one feature I do like is the fact you can stick a power tool into the plug on the CT and it turns on and off automatically. Also the fact it has a hose store ! very well thought out bit of kit !

The one I bought does exactly the same:tt2:

L

lizzardtong

i was thinking about festool but flex have one that i like as well. im waiting till bine will fry up again.

C

Colour Republic

Don't want to upset you too much Cam but I paid £199 inc vat for my midi, with the cleaning kit too :oops: Anglia tool centre were doing a cracking deal on them at the time but even their price today is pretty good at £299.

another bit of bad news is that you may find you still need that old wickes wet and dry, the festool is a dust extractor rather than a builders vacuum, it really won't handle builders rubble like a Henry or the wickes W&D does. It's too refined and the hose not wide enough.

Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic bit of kit and I love mine but it's designed to make your working environment cleaner and healthier when using woodworking power tools., not picking lumps of rubble up.

So well worth the investment just as long as you know it's not a direct replacement for your old one. You've also started on a slippery green and grey festool slope, if you're starting to do kitchens then a TS55 should be next on your list, after that then start saving and get your self a kapex120, can't recommend it enough. It certainly hurts when handing over a massive chunk of change but it's by far the best chop saw I've ever owned and I've had some bloody good ones!

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
I actually know you paid that much as it came up in a search on here !

The reasoning is to extract dust as I will be chasing walls a lot more now and looking to invest in further tools such as a router and a chop saw. I have actually not googled any of these yet as it is far too tempting to hoy it on the plastic...I change mine regularly to get 0%!!

Oh dear I have just ebayed the chop saw !! £1700+ for all the bells and whistles !!!

I really want away from the bathroom game for now...I get bored every 7 years or so...in my youth it was every ten minutes !!! So I am very lucky to be able to work with a guy who is just as clinical with every cut of wood as I am with tile !

C

Colour Republic

Oh dear I have just ebayed the chop saw !! £1700+ for all the bells and whistles !!!

Don't look at ebay for the chop saw as they are quite often more than what it costs in the shops, bit like when you see a Dewalt d2400 for over £1000 on ebay!

the kapex can be got for just under £1000 for the saw only, or with the festool stand for around £1250, but i paired it with a dewalt stand which suits me better. Think i paid £1150 all in:thumbsup:

Reply to whoops ! kinda bought a £350 hoover ! in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks