Search the forum,

Discuss Which voltage drill to use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

richiep

Hi all, am interested in purchasing a cordless drill for obvious reasons. Like to know what voltage you guys are using that cope with tile drilling etc. Will 14v suffice or do i need 18v? Am really just looking at Dewalt or Bosch for reliability but if anyone knows better, please advise.

H

hillhead

I have a makita 18v 3.0 ah li-ion and it works a treat.i would advise no less than this spec.

D

david campbell

18v, preferably with an hour charge and a spare battery,also the higher the microamps the better drill head speed you get

D

david campbell

Makita LXT202 LXT Li-ion 18v Twin Pack - NoLinksToThis, Where the Trade Buys LITHIUM-_-30803&ts=92605
try here m8!:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

david campbell

or NoLinksToThis - Trade Prices | Massive Range | Fast & Reliable cheaper bosch and dewalt variations:thumbsup:

R

richiep

Makita LXT202 LXT Li-ion 18v Twin Pack - NoLinksToThis, Where the Trade Buys LITHIUM-_-30803&ts=92605
try here m8!:thumbsup:

Thanks, but that's a bit out of my price range, are Makita a reliable brand then? Recommend these over Dewalt and Bosch?

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hillhead

Hi rich,ok my drill cost me 170 !great drill.its the makita limited edition drill(black and white)
I have seen lately you can have it for 200 with 2 batteries and the 1 hour charger !! i have one battery! google it,i bought mine from toolshopdirect,check their website too.

Reply to Which voltage drill to use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen