Search the forum,

Discuss When setting out........ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rockyroo

Do you leave half a tile or less at top and bottom, for economical reasons, or do you go for the fuller tile top and bottom for cosmetic reasons?

R

Raja

hello mate try to expand a little on what u mean ?

If it is a floor i usally set out from centre draw a long cross and treat it as 4 different boxes then take each box indiviually

same principle with wall

R

rockyroo

Sorry just re-read post, not very clear, I meant on a wall, I know that you are sometimes dictated to by the size of the tile, but just wondered what the norm was, if there is one

NickH

TF
Reaction score
Just depends on the other features in the room mate, you have to juggle all the different horizontals to get decent cuts on them all.

W

wetdec

It needs to look balanced, you dont want slivers of cuts anywhere it dont look good and it doesnt do you any favours. If your in a bathroom with a bath and window then you want to consider them. Get a mark in that gives you a nice ceiling and floor cut now try and juggle your mark up or down so you get a nice cut over the bath but dont get a ****e cut at the window sill and head. It sounds a bit deep but think about it and go slow, if you need to have 1 dodgy cut make it the floor one.

Hope this made some sense its a bit difficult to explain

Reply to When setting out........ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen