Discuss What's The Best Way To Remove Tile Trim in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have these now @Wishiwasatoptiler
Kevlar gloves.

View attachment 77831

It saves mistakes like this haha
So blade went straight thro middle of nail down my thumb and u can see where pointy bit came out!

View attachment 77834

The knife body itself came to rest against my thumb all the way down there! Haha ouchy!! I had a nice flap of nail and thumb running under tap!
Funnily enough bleeding wouldn't stop!:eek:

View attachment 77835
that has got to have hurt, those glovess are similar, look more robust as the ones in kitchens need a waterproof kniterile glove for food safety.. where did you get them from @3_fall ? Local or national chain. ...

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Kevlar gloves.

View attachment 77831

So blade went straight thro middle of nail down my thumb and u can see where pointy bit came out!

View attachment 77834

The knife body itself came to rest against my thumb all the way down there! Haha ouchy!! I had a nice flap of nail and thumb running under tap!

View attachment 77835
That's bad mate........Must be nightmare walking round with black arrows on you thumb....:p

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Kevlar gloves.

View attachment 77831

View attachment 77834

View attachment 77835

HaHa I've done that but the blade stopped in my nail bed so less blood. Been left with a fugly thumbnail that grows all ridged and grooved down the middle.

O

Old Mod

HaHa I've done that but the blade stopped in my nail bed so less blood. Been left with a fugly thumbnail that grows all ridged and grooved down the middle.
Oow oow me too for years! Haha coming up 10 now and it's kinda getting better! Hahaha

S

Sue Cox

Thanks for this thread. The tiled splash back behind my cooker doesn’t go up high enough and grease has soaked into the wall above the tiles and trim. I’m also mindful to be very careful thanks to these posts. I’ll try the Stanley blade first and my multi tool second, I think.

S

Sonia Zadebernyj

:)Thanks so very much for your wonderful advice that I’ll be giving to my builder for my new build where the tile trim they used needs to be replaced as it looks horrible and isn’t finished off very well

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. Hopefully they have a multi-tool like a fein multimaster or dewalt version and can just cut right along the tile trim to remove it from the tile, then use a different head to create space to insert another and use some adhesive to secure it, grout under it, whatever. Send us some pictures when you're done. :)

Reply to What's The Best Way To Remove Tile Trim in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks