Search the forum,

Discuss What's the best cordless angle grinder in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

I've had a Makita lot 18 v lion 3.0 bga452z for only 9 months and it's packed up.
i know it gets a lot of use on porcelain and 20mm stone but a bit surprised.
is there a more heavy duty / robust one of any model that you could suggest.

S

Stef

I've had a Makita lot 18 v lion 3.0 bga452z for only 9 months and it's packed up.
i know it gets a lot of use on porcelain and 20mm stone but a bit surprised.
is there a more heavy duty / robust one of any model that you could suggest.

Jonny, don't bin it, mines packed in & I changed the brushes on it & it's working as good as ever now.
Pick brushes up for £5.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think cordless grinders are really meant for occasional use, I was thinking about getting the makita one.
has it been used and abused? or are you disappointed and think it should have lasted longer?

J

jonnyc

Jonny, don't bin it, mines packed in & I changed the brushes on it & it's working as good as ever now.
Pick brushes up for £5.
Did the brushes actually stop it working completely.
I'll have a look. Thanks.
i think that it gets used more than it needs to be in truth.

S

Stef

Did the brushes actually stop it working completely.
I'll have a look. Thanks.
i think that it gets used more than it needs to be in truth.

Jonny, the brushes are carbon & they wear down quickly.
There are 2 black caps on the side of the grinder, unscrew them & pop the brushes out & you will see how much they are worn.
I bought a replacement body & had my old grinder sitting in the garage for ages then saw something about brushes & swapped them over & it worked straight away.
Bought two sets for £10 through Toolchest direct. (I think)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388415867.467240.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388415880.516778.jpg
These are new.

J

jonnyc

should be but cant remember where i bought it from to look up the invoice and date!!
still looking

Reply to What's the best cordless angle grinder in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen