Search the forum,

Discuss what would you do if confronted with this? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

Last year I turned up to 300sqm of 600x600x12mm Royal Mosa terra maestricht.
My first time with this manufacturer and as well as being the hardest tile I've ever come across, they weigh twice what normal porcelain weighs.
All 300sqm were outside, under sheets approx 500m from the floor they needed to be on. Carried across mud, over other stuff on site and up stairs.
Not at all fun, but each morning I would spend 30mins getting my tiles in place for the day.
Yes, I loaded my bill for the time, and the effort, and a few osteopath visits. £££

S

Spare Tool

Last year I turned up to 300sqm of 600x600x12mm Royal Mosa terra maestricht.
My first time with this manufacturer and as well as being the hardest tile I've ever come across, they weigh twice what normal porcelain weighs.
All 300sqm were outside, under sheets approx 500m from the floor they needed to be on. Carried across mud, over other stuff on site and up stairs.
Not at all fun, but each morning I would spend 30mins getting my tiles in place for the day.
Yes, I loaded my bill for the time, and the effort, and a few osteopath visits. £££
No its not fun but if you're getting paid for it then who cares, as a friend of mine once said...."I'll shift anything for £250 a day,even sh#t if I have a big enough shovel" ;)

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If the guys who built Stone Henge and the Pyramids read this thread they would say what a load of moaning little girls!
Treat it as exercise! I've never complained about moving tiles from gargage and I'm not having a personal dig at anyone, just giving my 2p worth.

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Job ive been on last couple of days 600 x300 solid porcelain 7 tiles to the box and very very heavy in office (converted garage) over 50 mts away30 odd mtrs tiles ,guess who had to get them in and all the way upstairs down a long landing in a big house to the bathroom ha ha not me it nearly saw the customer off and if id have had to do it id have had to take the rest off the day off ,so come on now what do you say to customer ,nothing? Its all part of the service lol im no weakling but there seems to be a lot of folk on here that like to work for nothing right or wrong ?

S

Spare Tool

If the guys who built Stone Henge and the Pyramids read this thread they would say what a load of moaning little girls!
Treat it as exercise! I've never complained about moving tiles from gargage and I'm not having a personal dig at anyone, just giving my 2p worth.

Job ive been on last couple of days 600 x300 solid porcelain 7 tiles to the box and very very heavy in office (converted garage) over 50 mts away30 odd mtrs tiles ,guess who had to get them in and all the way upstairs down a long landing in a big house to the bathroom ha ha not me it nearly saw the customer off and if id have had to do it id have had to take the rest off the day off ,so come on now what do you say to customer ,nothing? Its all part of the service lol im no weakling but there seems to be a lot of folk on here that like to work for nothing right or wrong ?

Aren't you arguing with yourself there Bob ? :D ...oh and wrong I never work for nothing ;)

Reply to what would you do if confronted with this? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I recently visited an establishment and went to use the facilities and this was it! I was...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I'm Looking For This Tile Porcelanosa Town White Polish 595mm
I'm looking for a few Porcelanosa Town White Polish / Pulido floor tiles - badly laid in my new...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen