Search the forum,

Discuss What to charge? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

millfish

Hello,

I'm completely new to this forum and the tiling trade, recently did a tiling course a few months ago which i really enjoyed and progressed to tile my bathroom and kitchen from which i have surprisingly been asked to quote for two jobs! One slight problem i ain't go a clue what to charge per sqm or how long it will take as it will be officially my first job.

I'm based in Manchester and i have probably posted this in the wrong section but any advice would be greatly appreciated. :smilewinkgrin:

millfish

C

CJ CERAMICS

hi millfish, ive a feeling that by the time people have finished giving you prices that you will be as confused as when you started. pricing formats are dependant on numerous points, where you are based as rates tend to change from area to area
what tiles you will be installing as again different tiles need different materials, what preperation work you will need to undertake the work and what amount of money you need to have left over after materials etc to make a living. i find that measuring by sqm and charging a fixed price is not always the best way. firstly measure up the area for tiling. Then find the nearest tile supplier to you for adhesives to price in with the job including extras such as profiles grout etc. calculate how much this will cost and work out how long you think it will take and price accordingly. sorry that this is a bit long winded. I buy my supplies from either Tiles uk based in salford or from CTD which have a branch in denton. i hope this helps :thumbsup:
chris

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I agree with Chris above - work out what you want to earn a day and look at how long you think it will take then add the costs for addy / grout / silicone / trim / sealer / other prep. If it is your first job, you'll need to allow a bit more time than if you were experienced.

D

david campbell

the above posts pretty much cover everything,we are not allowed to discuss pricing outwith the forum arms
maybe have a look through the members list and send a private message to someone local and they will maybe help you out!:thumbsup:

C

CJ CERAMICS

the above posts pretty much cover everything,we are not allowed to discuss pricing outwith the forum arms
maybe have a look through the members list and send a private message to someone local and they will maybe help you out!:thumbsup:

think im local to him dave though manchester covers a lot of sins and areas but ill happily help with pricing
chris:thumbsup:

M

millfish

Hi,

Thanks for all your quick feedback. Im based in Swinton, with regards to the job its just labor i need to quote for. All tiles, adhesive etc is been supplied.

C

CJ CERAMICS

hi millhouse
give me a private message with the total area to be tiled and the size and nature of the tiles ie ceramics travertine porcelain mosaics etc as they are charged differently.
also include if it is a kitchen, bathroom, conservatory etc if its a kitchen how many sockets? as much info as poss please mate also do you know what substrate you will be tiling too and what adhesive have they bought for you?
chris. :thumbsup:

M

millfish

Hi

Cheers Chris i will get the info needed and message you.

Thanks to Chris and Dave also for your feedback.

Millfish :thumbsup:

Reply to What to charge? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen