Currently reading:
What tile cutters do you use?

Discuss What tile cutters do you use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tiler tom

have a mini monterlit and master piuma
----
like grumpy grouter I have a £25 mini montolit great for most bathrooms where space is a premium and a master piuma 63 for the larger floor tiles. Find the breking system on the 63 great no broken tiles. The 63 also suits me as it is set out for a left hander for some reason although the mini can be a problem sometimes. Some say that it is difficult to use because you cant see the blade but you get used to lining the cut up with the breaking spine. Also being able to set the mitre cuts time. Have used the rubi but i felt it was not as substantial as the montolit as it has flexible hollow tubes instead of the sturdy centre bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dave-T

gotta be rubi.
Ive got Ts30, Ts40, TS40 Plus, TS50Plus, TS60 Plus, Tx700-n, TX1200-n, TM50, TR-600-s.
Then DW-250LPS Wet cutter. (Simply awesome)
And a plasplugs mastertiler. (well worth the money)
And a little plasplus compact plus for them tiny bathroom jobs.

I wouldn't change any of them for the world. Would dread to think what ive spent on them!!! Hardly get to use them now though, Too much time in the office. Not used the sigma ones, but ive heard good reports on them. Ive allways stuck with rubi cos i get good discounts on them.

D

DHTiling

gotta be rubi.
Ive got Ts30, Ts40, TS40 Plus, TS50Plus, TS60 Plus, Tx700-n, TX1200-n, TM50, TR-600-s.
Then DW-250LPS Wet cutter. (Simply awesome)
And a plasplugs mastertiler. (well worth the money)
And a little plasplus compact plus for them tiny bathroom jobs.

I wouldn't change any of them for the world. Would dread to think what ive spent on them!!! Hardly get to use them now though, Too much time in the office. Not used the sigma ones, but ive heard good reports on them. Ive allways stuck with rubi cos i get good discounts on them.

I think you've missed a couple in the rubi range there... lol lol lol lol...........

J

Jeffrey4670

H.i, I have a Rubi TS40 Plus, for all my ceramic wall tiles, this is a handy size to have where I am working. I have a Rubi TX 700-N which is a superb cutter for floors, but a little on the big size. I now have a Rubi ND-200 wet cutter, for using outside. In the past I have hired the Rubi TS50. At some point I would like something in between the TS40 Plus & TX700-N for cutting floor tiles, with a moving breaking system like the TX, but still big enough to do diamond pattern. So for me it's all Ruby. Jeff the Plumber from West Yorkshire.

Reply to What tile cutters do you use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
How do you know when you need a new scoring wheel on a manual (Rubi) tile cutter? Is there anyway to know before tiles aren’t snapping cleanly?
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Let us know which brand of tiles adhesive you use. And the price per bag trade if possible. Let's see if there's is a disparity across the country.
Replies
Views
Currently using TX700N but obviously now too small for the 1200x600mm I'm increasingly being tasked with by customers. Up to now, I've been cutting the 1200mm length with angle grinder/diamond...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.