Discuss what is the best 4 taking scratches out of high polish porcelain tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

william_cee

Hi guys I tiled this job about 2 months ago , the marks are made by the customer and the movement of there metal table legs been tragged on it by there kids. its the black 600x600 highly polished porcelain tile and I am trying to give my customer the best advise on how to make the marks appear less noticeable or take the scratches out all together... I really dont fancy cutting the tiles out and lifting them again from the middle of the floor and it gets better the joiner forced the kick boards back on in the kitchen when they clearly wont fit with the new unit end and he has cracked the big check which I am going change next week for the couple... rather than trimming the kick boards down like I offered to do at the time. :mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

David - Tradetiler

Re: what is the best 4 taking scratches out of high polish porcelain t

are they full body porcelain, do they have a glazed or decorative finish.

If full body then you can likely polish them out

W

william_cee

thanks david ... yeah there full body porcelain buddy they came pre sealed. its prob the thickest ones i have used yet at 18mm ... what would be the best for to use in terms of polishing them up...

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score

did you try flex or Makita polisher? and polishing pads, 400, 600,1000, 1200£ works on natural stone :thumbsup:

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

these are probaly lead lines not scratches left on the surface of the tile thats what happenns when you drag metal over a tile a litele bit of the metal is left on the surface of the tile same as you some times see on a pocalaien sink when brushed with metal object so your best bet is first try rubbiing with a little powedered adhsive if this does not work then go over tile with 1200 wet and dry sand paper over the marks dont forget to use water should take the metal marks off the tile

W

william_cee

i have not yet tried anythin on them mate... i just been reading up on polishes . i wasn't sure to approach it like marble or not in case i made it worse. lol i used scratch remover on my old car once and when the sun hit it there was loads of tarnishing marks everywhere i end up getting my whole bumper re painted sprayed. i will look into buying a tool like that . that would be great ...cheers tony

W

william_cee

i will try this method as well Ray thanks ... hopefully it this is the case... they are one of my best customers and i don't mind going out my road a wee bit and its always good future ref as well pity they haven't much luck with it so far with it

Reply to what is the best 4 taking scratches out of high polish porcelain tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks