Search the forum,

Discuss What do they mean by Thin-Set in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bgatty68

I bought Hardie backerboards for my floor and everyone goes on about putting "thin-set mortar" down first and then put the backer boards on top of that, now what is thin-set mortar and is it different to normal floor tile adhesive. Please excuse me if this is a real dumb question but ive looked on search engines and it only comes up on American sites so is this an American term for something else:huh2:
cheers in advance

B

bgatty68

cheers deanotile, so it will just be the floor adhesive i have already which by the way is non-flexible as per the recommendations of the backer boards even though i would have thought a flexible one would be better

I

Ian

cheers deanotile, so it will just be the floor adhesive i have already which by the way is non-flexible as per the recommendations of the backer boards even though i would have thought a flexible one would be better

Don't forget, you still need to use flexible adhesive to fix the tiles.

B

bgatty68

cheers Ken/Bri :hurray:

- - - Updated - - -

how long before i can walk on it after putting the boards down, should have asked this earlier

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If it's rapid set usually max three hours, otherwise leave 24 hours, it should tell you exactly though on the back of the adhesive bag :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to What do they mean by Thin-Set in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen