Search the forum,

Discuss what colour grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

annabella

I am about to start my 3rd and biggest tiling job, my bathroom. I am tiling walls and floor with cream coloured tile (matching) with a mosaic border about half way up. I initially planned to use white grout and didn't think that I should use a different colour on the floor. However, I have been thinking about it and wonder if this will not be a good idea. I suspect the white grout will get grubby on the floor in a short amount of time. In which case what colour would anyone recommend (and should I use the same colour on the walls)?

Any advice would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

W

White Room

Have used Mapei ultra Jasmine on both, Does depend if you share bathroom with a rugby team then I would put dark grey on the floor:grin:

M

MICK the Tiler

Hi Annabella,

I'g use a light grey on the floor and white on the walls. The white on the walls will give contrast to the tiles, and the grey on the floor will still look great and won't get as dirty as the white would.:thumbsup:

M

MICK the Tiler

No dumb answers here......................Have you got them at home?
They coild be stone? Travertine more precisely i'm thinking? Could you take a pic perhaps?

Grout colour is important and the wrong colour choice could create the wrong look.

A

annabella

i've checked and they are ceramic. I have made a decision to use ivory coloured grout and light grey on the floor. cheers for the input guys:hurray: i'm starting the job next saturday so i would appreciate it if you all stay on here 24/7 for emergency questions :lol:

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
good shout annabella , there is always someone here to give a hand , good luck!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Reply to what colour grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have redone the tiles (porcelain ones) in the kitchen. The grout used, BAL...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen