Search the forum,

Discuss wetwall wall boards instead of tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ive got a job coming up soon with these.Customer wanted these over tiles simply because of no grout to maintain.

Same for me, an elderly customer wanted the whole bathroom doing in along with the PVC T&G panels for the ceiling. The window was a bit of a bugger to work round but make sure you measure just slightly shorter to allow for fitting. If it's oversize you will struggle to get it into the channels.

The only good thing about this stuff is that it goes up pretty quick and there are no grout/mould issues which is great if you are 107 years old!!!

M

Martino

Thanks for all the comments :thumbsup: we are going to look at a few different make's, what we dont want is, any board with a shine will the shine come off in the shower area!....the main reason he want this is also because there is no grout and its quick and easy to clean....cheers again

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments :thumbsup: we are going to look at a few different make's, what we dont want is, any board with a shine will the shine come off in the shower area!....the main reason he want this is also because there is no grout and its quick and easy to clean....cheers again

The finish shouldn't come off in the shower area, although it will still need to be regularly cleaned. Because it is a fairly slippery surface the bacteria cannot grip/penetrate like it can on grout

S

Stef

Google REARO Laminates, they are based in Glasgow but they have a couple of branches in the north of England.

Im not keen on wall board myself but these imo are the best you will get.

We have done a few pub toilet refurbs with these for boxing in sink units etc.

Reply to wetwall wall boards instead of tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen