Search the forum,

Discuss Wet Tile Cutter Confusion!! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

chasoutofdave

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate your guidance if any of you would be so kind. Apologies in advance if this subject has been covered a thousand times! I'm a professional tiler who deals almost exclusively with domestic work. I have always used fairly cheap wet cutters such as the Vitrex 750w but now want a more decent cutter for more heavy duty tiles.

I am considering something like the Rubi DU200, possibly even the Dewalt 2400 (gulp..!) but I had something similar a few years back and had a problem with the water-feed system as it was feeding from the sludge-filled reservoir and consequently blocking the feed-pipe. It was really inefficient as a result and a bugger to clean! Anyone else had this problem? Also, I need a machine that is usable indoors. I can handle a bit of spray but it would need some kind of galley/drainage system, like the Vitrex.

Am ideally looking to spend between £300-500 but don't want to get lumbered with the wrong choice. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Most spray water about, id go for a bridge saw rather than dewalt, i had one but didnt get on with it so swopped it for a bridge .
The water sludge problem is iver come by putting the pump in a bucket of clean water and using that.
I aint used a wet saw for ages though, i just use a grinder with a good blade ;)

Ps most folk like the dewalt on here so don't let me put you off, its just a bugger with large format which i do a lot of

U

Unused Account 1

Nd200 rubi mate ,has a removeable water tray ,you just keep putting clean water in ,whenever it needs it ,they last a long time ,but you need to buy decent blades is the key ,the right blade ,for the right material

C

chasoutofdave

Cheers Widler. Did think about the pump going in a second bucket, just wasn't sure if it would mean constantly draining the 'waste' reservoir. Think I will try a bridge saw though. Any specific recommendation? Looking for one that is powerful but not too heavy. Guessing its effectiveness will be largely dependent on the blade chosen?

C

chasoutofdave

Nd200 rubi mate ,has a removeable water tray ,you just keep putting clean water in ,whenever it needs it ,they last a long time ,but you need to buy decent blades is the key ,the right blade ,for the right material

Didn't think that was a bridge saw though?!??

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Bit confusing, you say you deal with mostly domestics, want an indoor saw but are now looking at rail saws and the Dewalt 2400, waaaaaay to big imho for what you need, the Dewalt 2400 for one is terrible for spray go for the ND200, again imho :)

Reply to Wet Tile Cutter Confusion!! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen