Search the forum,

Discuss wet set shower membrane in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Steve7700

I have a question. My tile guy set his shower membrane in the weep drain, then the rock board over the membrane. All seems well. One thing he did do that I question is that he fastened the rockboard through the membrane, slightly below the top of the mortar bed but well above (2 inches) the weep drain. Will the holes it the membrane that are 2 inches above the weep drain but below (1/2 inch) the top of the shower floor ever be a problem?

D

DHTiling

I take it are not uk based , weeps holes IMO should not be compromised but I am concerned about puncturing the membrane ?

S

Steve7700

I take it are not uk based , weeps holes IMO should not be compromised but I am concerned about puncturing the membrane ?
that is what I am wondering. if the holes are 2 inches above the weep holes would the water level ever get that high?

O

One Day

Unlikely I'd say, but a better question to ask on the John Bridge forum I think.
We're still scratching our Anglo-saxon heads with tanking systems over here!
(some of us anyway)

Reply to wet set shower membrane in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen