Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Wet Room Retile in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

rubi man

Hi guys got a little problem with a wet room hope you can help
Whats the best And i mean best money inst a problem tile addy and grout to use is a wet room round the shower that suffers from condensation/moisture on the walls after the shower is used ????
there's a air unit to draw out the air when you use the shower but its crap id like something 100% water tight if i can

its being tiled onto moisture resistant plaster board with tape and jointed joints what the best way to sort it out ie will it need pirmer ect ??

tiler is starting soon soo need to get the gear in asap thanks a million

R

rubi man

screwed on its 3 sheets in total 1 ply 1 fire 1 mr board tanking is a no no as its part tiled

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You will need to sort the ventilation out ,addy grout and money ain't gonna make any difference

R

rubi man

come one guys help a guy out whats the best gear to use in a wet room on to MR board please

D

DHTiling

Hi guys got a little problem with a wet room hope you can help
Whats the best And i mean best money inst a problem tile addy and grout to use is a wet room round the shower that suffers from condensation/moisture on the walls after the shower is used ????
there's a air unit to draw out the air when you use the shower but its crap id like something 100% water tight if i can

its being tiled onto moisture resistant plaster board with tape and jointed joints what the best way to sort it out ie will it need pirmer ect ??

tiler is starting soon soo need to get the gear in asap thanks a million

MMmmm that does not sound like a wetroom to me..? .. is there no form of tanking used.. ?

T

tilerbarry

the best and only wetroom system I used was from Mapei. Primer G the plasterboards, mapegum wps walls and floor with a roller and mapeband tape joints and corners. kera quick and latex plus on floor and keraflex maxi adhesive on walls. Ultracolour plus grout for wall and floor and the best thin about it is 27 colours of grout with 26 matching silicone to seal all the internal corners with. never had a call back using that system!

Reply to Wet Room Retile in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks