Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Wet concrete tiling in old house - help!! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I really need some sound advice as I’m well out of my depth.
We have a little second home with a galley kitchen by the coast.
Unfortunately we had a washing machine leak which soaked the cement floor over 5 months ago. I thought it had dried out having lifted all the vinyl etc. we had put down some temp https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ tiles but these have lifted.
So skip to now - we will remove all the tiles. I have bought some lovely porcelain tiles instead. Workman came today and said moisture content is 46% and needs to be 16%. To rent a dehumidifier.

My questions
1) the house is v old and was refurbished - I have an inkling no WPM was put in but who knows! Can I just put on a liquid layer now?
2) from what I’ve read the dehumidifier may not help as only does the surface
3) we haven’t been there over the winter and the kitchen does not have a radiator so gets cold etc - could this be more of the problem?
4) could we use a different https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ like epoxy? It’s only 4.5m2
5) or any other solutions? We have been quoted £750 which seems really steep!

Thank you so much in advance.

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Flexbone on this one all day long

Reply to Wet concrete tiling in old house - help!! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock