Search the forum,

Discuss Webber Products in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

Not fan myself.i used to use weber when they had the stoneset thick bed range but they stopped it.
Use the SPF white rapid for ditra as it went off quick but it was too runny for bedding stone and went off too quick to adjust long courses.

C

charlie1

Not fan myself.i used to use weber when they had the stoneset thick bed range but they stopped it.
Use the SPF white rapid for ditra as it went off quick but it was too runny for bedding stone and went off too quick to adjust long courses.

Jonny, there white seems to have more pot life than the grey, the grey goes off rapid!!

J

jonnyc

Jonny, there white seems to have more pot life than the grey, the grey goes off rapid!!
im sure you are right. when i think back now i always used grey for ditra as it went off quickbut white still too runny if you need a bit of time to adjust stone.

R

Rookery

Not used it myself but I'm sure you can still get Weber Thick bed in grey or white.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Not used it myself but I'm sure you can still get Weber Thick bed in grey or white.

They don't do the stoneset range anymore..
Same with the grouts. They changed to the pro stuff, which I'm still not really used to, but still prefer it over other grouts I've tried. I like they reference to it being chewy lol! This is what I like about it!?! It sticks! To the float, to the tiles. Unlike mapei etc, which I'm forever scooping up from the floor lol!

M

Mark@CTDtiles

Just to confirm what Rookery has said. The weber stone set thickbed is now weber.set thickbed which I agree is a great product able to bed up to 25mm with a 24 hour setting time. Weber are also hopefully bringing out a rapid version this year.

Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

afright

TF
Reaction score
Love Weber only drawback is in the summer goes off to quick so thats when I use the slow set on the main areas and only use the rapid if need be ,but love it in the winter even outside it sets quick.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Just to confirm what Rookery has said. The weber stone set thickbed is now weber.set thickbed which I agree is a great product able to bed up to 25mm with a 24 hour setting time. Weber are also hopefully bringing out a rapid version this year.

Broken Link Removed

I figured they'd updated it, hence the name change... Only use thickset once in a blue moon, so didn't know whether it was the same or not. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Webber Products in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen