Search the forum,

Discuss Waterproofing around shower control and waal and tray joint in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Willmort

Hi Guys,
Was going to use the mapei shower waterproofing kit to tank shower cubicle- how do you seal up to the shower control, and how much of the strip to you allow to overlap onto the tray to seal along the edge?

Thanks,
Will

I

Ian

Hello Will, in your tanking kit there should be some larger sheets of the corner tape, what I usually do is cut a cross in a piece of this (cut a piece 30cm square) put it over your controls and cut tight to it with a knife, if possible silicone up to the control unit. You will only be able to overlap your tray by 10mm or so, otherwise the tape will be visible after tiling.

W

White Room

I place a tile against the wall and edge onto the tray, pencil mark, then use some low tack masking tape upto the pencil mark so any tanking dos'nt drift onto the rest of the tray...

W

Willmort

Cheers for advice guys,
wish i'd read the last post in time!
Looks good but I might have to do some scraping of the excess on the tray.
FYI there was no large square sheets just strips for corners

Reply to Waterproofing around shower control and waal and tray joint in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen